Screen the Film in Your Community, University or School
DVDs can be purchased for screenings in educational institutions or with select groups and non-profit organizations. For pricing and more information visit the BUY the DVD page.
• DURHAM, NC: Friday March 01, 12:00 p.m. NCCU School of Law, Great Hall in Albert Turner Building.
Free Screening of "Love Lived on Death Row" open to students and public. Post-screening panel discussion with Center for Death Penalty Litigation Director Tye Hunter; Murder Victims' Families for Reconciliation member, Yolanda Littlejohn and the film's Director Linda Booker.
This event is being held to participate in the National Lawyer's Guild Student Day Against the Death Penalty.
Please be aware of parking signs requiring permits. There is a pay lot walking distance to the law school (with a free shuttle). It is the "Latham Parking Deck" (#39 on the map)
2011: • CHAPEL HILL, NC: Wednesday March 23, 6:30 p.m. Room TBA / UNC Chapel Hill School of Law. Free screening open to students and public. Post screening Q&A and discussion with filmmaker Linda Booker and UNC Law Professor Deborah Weissman.
• U.K. LEEDS: Tuesday 29th March @ 8:00pm, Seven Arts Centre. Book tickets by calling Seven on (0113) 2626777 or visiting their website. Sponsored by Abolition UK. More info www.abolitionuk.org
• SAN DIEGO, CA: Wednesday 30th March @ 7:00pm, St. Gregory the Great Parish, 11451 Blue Cypress Dr., San Diego CA 92131. More info http://stgg.org/575382.ihtml?&eventid=6247200
• LONDON: Friday 1st April 2011 @ 5:00pm, Queen Marys University, Mile End Road, Mile End campus, Francis Bancroft Building, Room 2.40. This is a free event so no need to book but do arrive early to be sure of a seat! More info www.abolitionuk.org
• Monday, November 8th, 7:30 p.m - LONDON, England, POGO Cafe, 76 Clarence Road, Hackney, London, E5 8HB. Sponsored by Abolition UK. Post screening discussion with Abolition UK members and a guest speaker. More info www.abolitionuk.org/#/events/4527638338
• Tuesday, November 16th, 6:00 p.m - ASHEVILLE, NC, University of North Carolina Asheville. Karpen Hall 038. Director Linda Booker, MVFR member Megan Smith and NC Death Row Exonoree Edward Chapman in attendance. Co-sponsored by the Z. Smith Reynolds Foundation. For Directions and Maps of UNC-A www.unca.edu/maps
• Thursday, May 20, 7:30 p.m - PITTSBURGH, PA, University of Pittsburgh Law School, Room 111, 3900 Forbes Ave., Oakland, Pittsburgh, PA 15213. Co-sponsored by Pennsylvanians for Alternatives to the Death Penalty, the Pittsburgh Area Jewish Committee and the Western Pa. chapter of the ACLU of PA. More info www.aclupa.org/events/lovelivedondeathrowfilmscr.htm
• Friday February 26, 2010 - GREENSBORO, NC, 1:00 p.m. Elliott University Center, University of North Carolina- Greensboro Campus. Free Screening during the Carolina Film and Video Festival. Post screening Q&A with filmmaker Linda Booker. More info www.carolinafilmandvideofestival.org
• Thursday February 25, 2010 - GREENSBORO, NC, 7:00 p.m, Free Screening at Sedgefield Presbyterian Church, 4216 Wayne Road. Post screening Q&A with Meg Eggleston. Directions www.sedgepres.org/Visitors.htm
• Saturday January 16, 2010 - LOUISVILLE, KY, 4:15 p.m. Walnut Room in the Seelbach Hilton, 500 Fourth St., Louisville KY. Free screening during the National Coalition to Abolish the Death Penalty annual conference. Co-sponsored by the NC Coalition for a Moratorium. Open to the public. Post screening Q&A and panel discussion with filmmaker Linda Booker and others TBA.
• Tuesday November 24, 2009 - PITTSBORO, NC, 7:00 p.m. Fearrington Village Barn. www.fearrington.com Prior to the film: a theatrical reading of "For Strong Women", a poem by award-winning author Marge Piercy. Post screening Q&A and panel discussion with filmmaker Linda Booker. Part of the ChathamArts 100 Mile Sustainable Cinema Series. Admission $5/$3 students. More info at www.chathamarts.org/programs/sustainablecinema09.html
• Tuesday April 7, 2009 - DURHAM, NC, 5:00 p.m. Room 3037 of the Duke University School of Law. Free screening open to students and public. Post screening Q&A and panel discussion with filmmaker Linda Booker, Jeremy Collins with NC Coalition for a Moratorium. Co-sponsored by the Z. Smith Reynolds Foundation
• Saturday January 31, 2009 - SARASOTA FL, 12:45 p.m. Through Women's Eyes Film Festival, Hollywood 20 - Regal Cinemas, 1993 Main St., Sarasota FL. Post screening Q&A with filmmaker Linda Booker www.throughwomenseyes.com
• Monday February 2, 2009 - WILMINGTON NC, 7:00 p.m. Lumina Theater at the Fisher Student Center, UNC-Wilmington Campus. Free screening open to students and public. Post screening Q&A and panel discussion with filmmaker Linda Booker, Christine Leneskie with Domestic Violence Shelter & Services, Jeremy Collins with NC Coalition for a Moratorium and MVFR member. Co-sponsored by the NC Coalition for a Moratorium and the Z. Smith Reynolds Foundation appserv02.uncw.edu/lumina
• Friday February 6, 2009 - ELIZABETH CITY NC, 7:00 p.m. New Student Center, Elizabeth City State University Campus. Free screening open to students and public. Post screening Q&A and panel discussion with filmmaker Linda Booker, Jeremy Collins with NC Coalition for a Moratorium and Andre Smith of Murder Victims' Families for Reconciliation. Co-sponsored by the NC Coalition for a Moratorium and the Z. Smith Reynolds Foundation appserv02.uncw.edu/lumina
• Wednesday February 11, 2009 - GREENVILLE, NC, 7:00 p.m. Hendrix Theater at the Mendenhall Student Center, East Carolina University campus. Free screening open to students and public. Post screening Q&A and panel discussion with filmmaker Linda Booker, Jeremy Collins with NC Coalition for a Moratorium and Tom Fewel of Murder Victims' Families for Reconciliation. Co-sponsored by the NC Coalition for a Moratorium and the Z. Smith Reynolds Foundation
• Tuesday February 17, 2009 - BOONE NC, 6:00 p.m. I.G. Greer Auditorium on the Appalachian State University Campus. Free screening open to students and public. Post screening Q&A and panel discussion with filmmaker Linda Booker, Meg Eggleston, Jeremy Collins with NC Coalition for a Moratorium and Carol Dreiling of Murder Victims' Families for Reconciliation. films.appstate.edu/index.php?&MMN_position=9:9
• Thursday March 26, 2009 - GREENSBORO NC, 7:00 p.m. St. Paul the Apostle Catholic Church, 2715 Horse Pen Creek Rd, Greensboro. Post screening discussion with Meg Eggleston (featured in documentary) www.stpaulcc.org
Past 2008 Screenings
• Tuesday November 11th - NORFOLK, VA 7:00 p.m. Naro Expanded Cinema
• Friday November 14th -DURHAM, NC, 7:30 p.m., Durham Arts Council, part of the Southern Documentary Fund "Southern Docs" series.
• Sunday October 12 -SAMPSON COUNTY NC, 5:00 p.m., free admission. Sampson County Expo Center
• Tuesday October 14th - HARRISONBURG VA, 7:00 p.m. Court Square Theater.
• Wednesday October 15th - ROANOKE VA, 7:15 p.m. Grandin Theatre
• Thursday October 23rd - FAIRFIELD CA, Community United Methodist Church
• Friday October 24th - SANTA MONICA CA, EPFC Human Rights Film Festival, Soka-SGI University.
• Sunday October 26th - OCEANSIDE CA, 6:00 p.m. Church of St. Thomas More
• Tuesday, October 28th - REDONDO BEACH, CA, 7:00 p.m. St. James Parish, 415 Vincent St.
• Thursday October 30th - BERKELEY, CA, 7:00 p.m. Dominican School of Philosophy and Theology, 2301 Vine St., Berkeley.
• Tuesday September 9th -NASHVILLE TN, 7:00 p.m. Belcourt Theater
• Thursday September 18th -APEX, NC, 7:00 p.m. Halle Cultural Arts Center, 237 North Salem St., downtown Apex
• Thursday September 25th -PITTSBORO NC, 7:00 p.m. Chatham County Council on Aging
• Ybor Festival of the Moving Image - Ybor City, TAMPA FL yborfilmfestival.com
• Wednesday May 7th - SHALOTTE, NC - 7:00 p.m. St. Brendan The Navigator Catholic Church
• Wednesday May 7th - BOSTON, MASS - 7:00 p.m. Lucy Parsons Book Store
• Wednesday March 19th - 6:30 p.m. at UNC Chapel Hill School of Law, Room 4085. Screenings part of Criminal Justice: The Death Penalty Examined, a CPA-Creative Campus Initiative
• Thursday March 27th - ASHEVILLE, 7:00 p.m. Diana Wortham Theatre- 2 South Pack Square.
• Wednesday February 20th - Sunday February 24th - GREENSBORO-CAROLINA FILM & VIDEO FESTIVAL
• Tuesday January 29th - CHARLOTTE NC-THE LIGHT FACTORY CONTEMPORARY MUSEUM OF PHOTOGRAPHY & FILM, 7:00 p.m. Duke Power Theater,
• Friday January 25th - RALEIGH NC, 7:00 p.m. St. Francis of Assisi
• Tuesday January 22nd- CHARLOTTE NC, 7:00 p.m. St. Matthews Catholic.
• Saturday January 12th - 8:00 p.m and Monday January 14th - 6:00 p.m. CHICAGO PREMIERE - The Gene Siskel Film Center, Part of "Stranger Than Fiction: Documentary Premieres" in Chicago.
- BLOWING ROCK, NC: Mariam & Robert Hayes Performing Arts Center
- CUCALORUS FILM FESTIVAL: Wilmington, NC
- ROCKY MOUNTAIN WOMEN'S FILM FESTIVAL: Colorado Springs, CO
- NEW ORLEANS FILM FESTIVAL
- INDIE MEMPHIS FILM FESTIVAL
- LITTLE ROCK FILM FESTIVAL
- NON-VIOLENCE INTERNATIONAL FILM FESTIVAL: Ontario, Canada